Anagram Solver Explained and Demo – Team SilverCharm

This is a quick demo of our teams final project. In it you can see a quick run through of the basic functionality we implemented with close ups and reruns. We show our whole board and explain step-by-step what happening, and what’s to be expected.

Continue reading Anagram Solver Explained and Demo – Team SilverCharm

Anagram Solver Code Post and Schematic (Interesting Aspect) – Team SilverCharm

Our final project was the Anagram Solver we have many interesting aspects to our project. Some of these high level aspects include:

  • Controlling the LCD on the A3BU
  • Asking the USER for Input
  • Flashing LED’s for correct/incorrect answers
  • Flashing LED for inputs
  • Generating results based on C programming

Although we have so many interesting features, one of our best features is the crazy light show! After exiting the program, the program flashes both the blue and red LED’s and the LCD backlight in a spectacular fashion. It is truly an amazing aspect of our project!

Below is our schematic made from our board.

Anagram Solver Big Picture – Team SilverCharm

Our group project deals with an anagram device. We thought that since it is something many of us have done and apps that we use all the time on our phone it would be a good project. For this we had two different levels to choose from that would determine the difficulty of the problem to solve. Once the level is chosen then a word is given and your objective is to unscramble to word and make it correct by typing it out on the keyboard. If the correct word is spelled then the LED that is blue will turn on. If the incorrect word is spelled then the red LED will turn on. Also, for every input put into the device, the red LED will flash dimly. The code will also clear the board for you and allow you to pick a new level once the game is finished.

Overall, we would call our second attempt a success. Our original plan was to do a “Simon Says” game but we ran into many issues and were running out of time due to finals approaching so we decided to scrap the idea and go for the anagram.

Even with this slight hurdle we would call this project a great success.