In general we learned a lot in this class. The overall ability to use the AT Mega 328PB allowed us to understand another embedded system of an Arduino. This ability to focus on what is needed, as we already learned how to effectively program one board, helped us quickly and effectively solve the other board. Not only did we do one board, but we did two Arduino board integration with the AT Mega to solve the problem we had at hand. A more powerful micro-controlled was needed as we ran out of IO pins on the Arduino, but the foundation would be the same if we switched to a PI or used a more detailed AT mega board with larger IO Pins. The foundation of Assembly in this source built the code awareness to understand libraries and even begin able to make our own on our computer to effectively create a unique system or objects.
The code used in the Arduino outlet was not overly complicated as the foundations were similar except with a different IDE and the C programming was easier to use. The ATmega was used as a motor controlled allowing for a simple call then react(slave action) operation for us to effectively use a motor to cool an area that was above the ambient conditions in the surrounding area per the DHT temperature sensor.
Lastly, the project gave us the ability to start from scratch of an embedded system. We created the functions of needing a temperature sensor/motor to cool, LCD to play a game with buttons, and a ultrasonic sensor to say if something was nearby. We used our resources to determine we needed a micro-controller as all of the sensors were able to have built or easily updated libraries in Arduino. The functionality was built like the rest of our projects as we integrated with the AT mega as a motor controller to help finalize our last task and communicate through a simple slave operation. More detailed communication of serial or I2C may have been optimal, but for our functionality and timing requirements, it was not needed.